5 Warm Weather Styling Tips from Karissa Sparke of Tom Girl & Threads
Australia. The home of turquoise blue waters and white sandy beaches. Oh, and seriously hot summers! To keep it short and sweet, my summer style is all about comfort and keeping cool with classic, simple styles. Here are my top 5 styling tips for the warmer weather.
1. Dreamy summer whites – Hardly revolutionary, but white is a summer must-have. Much cooler than the usual go-to black. For summer, it is even more about light, loose-fitting pieces. Think barely there camisoles.
Tigerlily Natane Womens Cami, Zulu & Zephyr Jervis Dress, Mink Pink Castaway Dress, Billabong Gypsylove Overswim Shirt & Tigerlily Eloni Shirt.
2. Denim cut-offs – again, no surprises here. But you can’t help but love a good pair of denim shorts. Always important to find your perfect fit. Distressed denim is personally a favourite.
3. Activewear come swimwear – My new favourite summer must-have. I love going for a run outside, but more than that I love my mid-run ocean swims. To make it as easy as possible, I’ve invested in some supportive, activewear style swimwear crops that I can throw on and head out the door and dive straight into the ocean.
4. Midi lengths – Not quite maxi, not quite mini. Although you might be one to shy away from this length, its all about finding one that’s just right for your own height and style. Whether a dress of a skirt, this style can perfect summer essential. It definitely doesn’t have to be overly feminine either. One of my favourite looks at the moment is pairing back a midi skirt with some sneakers or some chunky heeled sandals (preferably with a slight western aesthetic).
5. Printed swimwear – I must admit I’m usually one that sticks to a classic colour bikini, but this summer its all prints, in particular bohemian inspired prints.