Tigerlily's 10 Tips For Finding The Perfect Bikini
Buying a bikini should not be a daunting experience… Here are a few tips from Tigerlily that will help you find the perfect swimsuit for this summer!
2. For a second opinion, bring a good friend with you, besties are always honest!
3. Don’t be afraid to try on as many styles as possible ~ go outside your comfort zone.
4. Embrace prints ~ more is more at Tigerlily. A lot of thought goes into our prints and they are all specially engineered to flatter the body.
5. The majority of our swimwear is sold as separates (or ‘monos’) so make sure you try on a variety of sizes.
6. Play with all adjustable ties and straps to achieve the perfect fit. When adjusting, go tighter than you think and once secured, lean forward and adjust until your bust is covered.
7. If you have a fuller bust, make sure you look for adequate support. A halter shape, like our 50s halter, is perfect as you can tie the straps as tight as it is comfortable to provide proper support.
8. Don’t be scared to show a bit of skin ~ sometimes a skimpier bikini bottom is more flattering as too much fabric can draw unwanted attention to certain areas. Also, high cuts and bikini bottoms with side ties generally elongate the leg. Try our buzios or miranda bottoms.
9. As a general rule, make sure the swimsuit is firm (even tight fitting) ~ lycra does give a little in the water.
10. Once you have picked your perfect bikini/one piece, make sure you follow correct washing instructions to ensure swimsuit longevity. We always recommend a cool hand wash with a gentle detergent and to avoid swimming in chlorinated pools… Who doesn’t love swimming in the ocean anyway?!