HOW TO: Rock Hot Summer Activewear
It’s that time of year again, where the sun is shining early and so are you. Whether you’re up to go for a morning walk along the beach, do some yoga or at the gym getting your rockin’ bikini body back in shape, get into this season’s hottest active looks.
We all know the ‘sports luxe’ trend is as big as ever with activewear being as wearable for the gym as it is on the streets. In the past, the idea of wearing your trackies outside the house or your running gear to a lunch date with the girls would be enough to make you cringe. However, activewear has gotten a much needed makeover now making you look effortlessly chic and sporty. The key: after you’ve worked up a sweat, add just the right amount of glamour to take your look from the gym to the streets. Look below for our inspiration and read up on our top rules to mastering the active look!
- No baggy on baggy. The baggy track pants paired with your boyfriends XL tee is NOT a good look: it just makes you appear bigger than you are.
- Be playful – activewear doesn’t have to be boring. Experiment with bright colours and prints to give you motivation and to take your look from the gym to the streets.
- Keep your colours blocked, with clean lines and finish with a feminine edge.
- Remember the rule that too much flesh is simply too much. This also applies to activewear – if you’re wearing a sports bra, pair it with some tights. With short shorts, wear a singlet or top.
- Layer, Layer, Layer. This look is about layering sports bras under singlets, jackets with tees and tights with layered singlets in contrasting colours.
- Make sure you have the right accessories; baseball caps, jackets, iPods, and a pair of killer kicks all add to your sporty look.
- Lastly, have fun. Activewear is all about looking great and feeling even better!