HOW TO: ROCK YOUR NEW YEARS EVE OUTFIT
It’s one of the biggest party nights of the year… if not, the biggest. New Year’s Eve is always the night you have to dress to impress and wear a noteworthy outfit. After all, you are wearing it through two different years! New Year’s Eve outfits generally consist of sparkles, sequins, black in any form and a lot of flesh. This year, don’t just opt for the conventional party dress, make a statement and remember to always dress for the occasion.
Whether you need a casual outfit for BBQ and fireworks on the beach, a night out clubbing into the wee hours of 2013 or you’re going to an exclusive party, SurfStitch have you covered. And don’t forget that the key to your outfit is how you accessorise. Add intrigue to an otherwise basic ensemble with bold and bright accessories that capture this season’s key trends to instantly transform your outfit. New Year’s Eve is the only time of the year where it may be socially acceptable to kiss a stranger, and who knows if you start the year with them you might end the same, so make sure you’re unforgettable in a little party dress, casual maxi or sexy separates and get ready to party the night away.
- Plan ahead. Know where you’re going and what the dress code will be. You don’t want to be turning up to a classy function looking like you’re ready for a night at the beach with some beers.
- Make the focal point of your New Year’s Eve outfit either the garment or the accessories. Don’t wear a statement dress with lots of accessories as you’ll turn out looking OTT.
- The perfect accessories will make your outfit into the one that people will remember. Dress up a basic dress with a chucky necklace or add a cuff and some statement earrings to a cute skirt and singlet.
- It is never ok to show too much skin. New Year’s Eve isn’t about wearing the shortest skirt and highest heels, end the year in a sophisticated and chic way and remember if you’re wearing something super short on the bottom cover up on top.
- If you don’t think you’ll be able to wear heels the entirety of the night, then don’t. We see those girls every weekend carrying their shoes and there is nothing tackier. Go for a wedge heel or some statement flats so you can be the one partying until 4am in comfort!
- We know that New Years is a time to party in a big way, but know your limitations so you don’t end up being remembered for all the wrong reasons.
The Little Party Dress: Perfect for the night out clubbing.
The Traditional New Year’s Eve Party Dress: Perfect if you are just a sucker for all the glitz and glam.
Separates: Perfect for every occasion, just add accessories to manipulate the outfit to suit the occasion.
Guys, trust me, dressing for your New Year’s Eve outfit is a piece of cake compared to the ladies. For you, you only have a few options.
- Go for a beach short and cool tee/ singlet for the beach parties and fireworks
- A chino pant and dress shirt for those sophisticated outings and
- For a party all night long look you can never go wrong with a good basic short and a super cool tee or patterned shirt that screams fun!