GET READY, GET SET, GO!
The most rampant time of year for setting resolutions and vowing to become fit, active and healthy has arrived, with inspiration, ideas and motivation flying around social media! We here at SurfStitch don’t believe that this leap of motivation should only come around once a year – fit and healthy should be a mindset rather than a fad. Check out some fitness inspiration, shop some activewear and take a look at these tips for a healthier you!
- If it’s not your thing, start small. Find a friend who’s looking for motivation and go walking together at a time that suits you. The chit chat will make time fly, and before you know it it’ll be the easiest and most natural thing for your Monday morning. Like a walk in the park!
- Exercising doesn’t need to mean running, lifting weights or doing circuit training at your local gym straight away. Start small, or with sports or outdoor activities that you enjoy. Surfing, hiking, bike riding (even just swapping short car rides for your bike) and yoga are all activities that anyone can get involved in, with levels from beginning to advanced. Start at a pace that suits you and then gradually increase the intensity.
- Try new things! I had never gone stand-up-paddle boarding before, and was sure I’d be terrible at it due to my one-time lesson in surfing that didn’t go too well. I gave it a go and it was actually easier than I thought. On top of that, the next day i had tight muscles in my torso and arms, meaning I got a bonus workout too!
- Fuel your body with the correct foods to keep your energy levels where you need them. Skipping meals or cutting out carbs will not do you any favours. Fill your diet with fruits, vegetables, grains and proteins, and don’t feel too bad if you need to treat yourself every so often.
- Be positive about your progress, and more than anything: HAVE FUN!
Laura Enever for Billabong Womens’ new activewear range