GOALS WON'T WORK UNLESS YOU DO!
Leading a healthy lifestyle isn’t about one-week fads or being good when you can. It’s about a total lifestyle change, where your health is the number one goal. Take a look at some inspiration, the SurfStitch Active Lifestyle Rules to live by, a fun, two simple and nutritious recipes and some exercises that you can do daily to keep fit, even if you’re time poor. RULES TO LIVE BY 1. Forget the scales. The change to a fresh and healthy lifestyle isn’t about your weight or the size of your waist – it’s about how you feel, fueling your body with nutritious foods and staying active. 2. Hydrate, even if you don’t feel thirsty. Drinking water is crucial to your blood, your organs, your digestion, your skin and so much more. 8 cups of water a day is widely recommended, but if you’re sweating excessively or working out, you will need more! For extra electrolytes and hydration, try organic coconut water. 3. Eat, always. Skipping meals helps nobody, and will actually do your metabolism more harm than good. Just replace the foods that contain unhealthy products such as simple sugars and saturated fats with foods that have plenty of fibre and nutrition so that you always feel full. Check out our recipe for breakfast on the go as just one of the nutritious and filling recipes you can take with you on the go! BREAKFAST ON THE GO (NO COOKING INVOLVED!) Ingredients:
- 1 cup organic Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup ground Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1/2 cup Chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- Mix yoghurt and honey in a bowl. Put one third into a tupperware container.
- Layer a dusting of ground Chia and then 1cm of granola.
- Layer another third of the yoghurt mixture.
- Layer Chia and granola in the same quantity.
- Layer the final portion of yoghurt and then cover in berries.
- Put the lid on and take it with you! Don’t forget a spoon.
Keep your core strong and get your heart rate going every day with these two quick and easy exercises! Perfect whether you’re travelling, home or don’t have much time.
- Lie on your back with your legs straight up in the air and your arms out straight beside you
- Slowly raise your legs (straight) to a 90 degree angle and hold for 2 seconds
- Lower your legs slowly until they are 5 centimetres above the ground and hold for 2 seconds
- Repeat 5 sets of 10 reps
- Lie down on your stomach
- Lift your body up using your toes and forearms
- Keep your back straight
- Hold for 30 seconds. For an extra challenge, increase your time by 10 seconds every week