Billabong's Tips For Finding The Perfect Swimsuit
Sun-kissed days in bikini’s are here, and we want to help you make sure you’re ready! Choosing a bikini shouldn’t be a daunting experience, so we’ve enlisted the expert knowledge of the team at Billabong Women’s to discover their top tips for finding the perfect bikini.
Read on as we talk fabric, bikini care, body types and more!
1. The best fabric to keep an eye out for is global peach fabric. It tends to hug the body, be more flattering and is super soft.
2. When caring for your bikinis, the best method is to jump in the shower with them and then leave them to dry in a the shade (definitely not in a dryer!)
3. Don’t be afraid to clash prints, the look of a geo print combined with a floral can be awesome!
4. The Wrap Bralettes and High Top Crops are great for a bigger bust and give support.
5. For the surfer girl, choose High Top Crops as they have a clean finish and won’t dig into your skin, also try a brief with more coverage like the Capri pant or LowRider pant.
Athletic body shapes:
Athletic body shapes typically suit slide triangles, bralettes and cut away one-pieces. For example check out the Biarittz tie side pant, the Isla pant and the Neon Paradise Deep V Bralette.
Hourglass body shapes:
Hourglass body shapes more typically suit halter tops, constructed tops, and mixing and matching of solid prints with solid colours. Check out the Surfside crop.
Apple body shapes:
Apple body shapes can aim to wear solid colour tops and printed bottoms, try more supportive tops/constructed tops for a well fitting bikini. Have a look at the Island Time top.
Curvy body shapes:
Try one-pieces or tankinis with ruching detail. To highlight features of your body – use a bright colour or print pattern. To hide something you don’t like, wear a solid colour or a dark print. Check out the Black Nite, Buzz Kill and Island Time one-pieces.
Bonus Colour Tip:
If you have a light skin colour, you can wear deep tones such as navy and black. If you have a tan, opt for bright colours.